- [Crust] 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut
- [Crust] 3/4 cup Almonds
- [Crust] 1 cup Almond Flour
- [Crust] 1/2 cup Swerve
- [Crust] 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- [Crust] 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- [Crust] 1/2 tsp Salt
- [Crust] 1/2 cup Butter
- [Filling] Sugar Free Caramel Sauce
- [Filling] 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9x9 inch square pan (can also use 8x8 but baking time will be longer).
- In a food processor, combine coconut and sliced almonds. Pulse until the pieces are broken up and about the size of oats in size. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, 2 tbsp coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in melted butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press a little more than half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan (it doesn't look like it will be enough, but it is...just keep pressing it in, as thinly as you need to). Bake 10 minutes, until puffed and edges are just golden brown. Remove and let cool completely.
- While bottom crust is cooling, add the caramel sauce and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut flour to the remaining crust ingredients and mix well to help make it drier and crumblier. Break it up into small crumbs.
- Sprinkle filling with remaining crust and press lightly to adhere. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes, until top crust is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely before cutting into squares.